Thursday, July 15, 2010

Trip to Finland, 2

I'd like to write a bit more about the night train. I really enjoyed myself on the train. For me, the train represents travel without having to drive, or having to think about driving. In Finland, taking the night train meant I could travel for 10 and a half hours without driving, and while getting some sleep. I would like to do that again on another trip. It was convenient, and I liked seeing the "railroad" side of the towns we passed through when I was awake.

Much of Finland is flat, and there are a great many trees there; I saw a lot of fir and birch. There were lots and lots of rivers and lakes.

Small note about Avis Car Rental in Kemi. Use them. Oskar brought our rental car to the train station for us, and waited at the end of the platform so he could wave at us when we arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment