Friday, May 23, 2014

Weight Loss Race

I just had an imaginary conversation with my new doctor who I will visit about my sleep apnea at the beginning of June. I know that he will want to tell me to lose weight because that has an impact on the condition. Here are my thoughts.

I want to get down to between 130 and 140 pounds. I weigh 175.5 pounds now. I weighed 180 on April 23rd. I think I can get down to 155 by September 23rd, or September 12th if I am lucky. September 12th is when Brad’s college reunion begins. I want to be down to my goal weight within four months of that date, and I want to remain at my goal weight through the time of my own college reunion, September of 2015.

I don’t want to try to get down to my high school weight, or my college weight. I was still growing during that period, and I am uncertain that those lower weights would be healthy for me. I want to get below or at 140 pounds, and feel good. I want to eat yummy food and do fun activities for exercise. I want to feel pretty and I do want to look great as well.

Nothing stands between me and my happiness except me, not my childhood weight or any other thing. Not that I have to be happy all the time; it’s one of life’s goals, but it is not possible to be happy all the time. Weight loss is important to me right now because it is obvious to me every day that it will help me live a better life. I live in a place where there are a lot of pretty people doing a lot of fun things outside, and I can't do all of those things as well as I would like to, because I am out of condition. Getting into condition goes hand in hand with losing weight. I also want to change my attitude toward myself right now. I can't tell yet whether I will be happy when I am thinner. My assumption is that I will probably feel the same way I do now. Therefore, I am practicing feeling good about myself now, while working toward becoming healthier and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment