Saturday, January 31, 2009

I can't sleep any longer. First, Eleanor got into bed with me and my husband. Then, Phoebe got into bed with us. Then, I got up. I put the girls' blankets back on their beds (they had fallen off), and put the girls back in their own beds. Now they have decided to share a bed. Whatever.

I'm supposed to give a lesson on Noah's Ark tomorrow. I'm bored by the idea. I don't know why. I guess that I don't feel much like teaching, right now. I'm pretty sure I'll have between eight and twelve kids, plus an assistant. It will be a time when I definitely have to have a plan. I don't want to make a Noah plan though. I hope that expressing my feelings will free me to think of a plan.

I got to see Mom's new knitting project yesterday, a brown tweed sweater. It has a great texture. On 10-1/2 needles it's very easily identified as a knit. Phoebe finished her new project, a loomed potholder. Eleanor made one too. I thought Eleanor or Phoebe would knit yesterday, but they didn't. I worked on the swatch for Brad's socks. I corrected a measuring error. When I measured my swatch across my knee, it was half an inch too short. Measured on the flat, the swatch was the right length. No more measuring on knees. Now I have cast off for the first sock. I feel at a disadvantage because this will be the first sock made according to Bordhi's two circular needle method. I just need some time to adjust to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment