Saturday, January 10, 2009

Saturday, at last

I took E. for her annual check-up with the cardiologist yesterday. E. spent a few days worrying over having to wear a Holter monitor. I don't like it went she continually worries about something, because I think the worrying makes it worse. I knew though, that if I commented on it too much, that would just add to the worrying. In the end, she allowed the monitor to be attached, and has slept just enough tonight to be able to wake up in the morning refreshed, I hope. After 11am, she'll be happy again.

I hope to have the girls write a couple of thank-you notes today. We had to follow an unexpected path this week because P. was sick for a few days. The thank-you notes are now officially late, but that's just how it has to be, this time.

I was just wondering how we would take our exercise today. It's been so cold that I'm reluctant to go out. Now I see that snow is expected in the morning. I can't wait. I love snow.

The latest sculpture fad at our house is the happy machine. E. made two happy machines yesterday and showed P. how make one this morning, as well as making a third machine, herself. The happy machine exists to make somebody happy. The first machine, Happy Machine 1, contains a Happy Zoo, a Happy Wheel, and a Happy Flower (accessible only if you lift the ramp for the Happy Wheel). The machine is contained in a shoe box. The thing I liked about Happy Machine 1 was that it was like a miniature world, and even the inanimate wheel seemed imbued with some cheerful emotion. I asked E. what to do if a person didn't want to be happy. She said that was okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment